Holiday Seafood Curry
Recipe by A Kuy
Appetite Magazine Dec 2011- Jan2012
2 pcs fresh crabs (medium sized), halved
200 gram clams
200 gram mussels
200 gram squid (cleaned)
200 gram shrimp (peeled)
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
4 1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup pineapple chunks + 2 tbsp syrup
ginger and lemon grass for blanching
1. In a pot of boiling water, add ginger and lemon grass. This will serve as a blanching liquid for seafood.
2. Blanched seafood ingredients one at a time starting with the shrimps, the crabs, the squid and then the shellfish.
3. In a separate dry pan, toast the curry powder over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Melt butter in a pan, then saute the onions. Add garlic. Next add the curry powder.
5. Deglazed the pan by pouring in the pineapple syrup from the canned pineapple chunks.
6. Add the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer then add all the seafood. Mix in pineapple chunks.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Label: cookingrecipesbyCharmine Ilago 5/4/12