1. An earthquake destroyed two-thirds of Portugal's capital,
Lisbon in 1755.
2. Mount Ararat in Eastern Turkey is supposed to be the
resting place of Noah's Ark after the Biblical Flood.
3. Thai boxers use their feet as well as their fists
to strike their opponent.
4. More than 800 languages are spoken in Africa.
To communicate with others, many Africans speak
5. The world's lowest air temperature -89.2 degrees Celsius
was recorded at Vostok, a Russian research station, in 1983.
Source: Lye, Keith. Marc Phillips, ed. Atlas of the World. 1999.