Special Crispy Pata (Leg of Pork) --- Philippine Recipe
2 liters water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup leeks
5 pork broth cubes
1 piece pork pata ---leg of pork (around 700 g)
1. Combine first five ingredients in a large pot, bring to a boil.
2. Put in pata and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Separate pata from broth and bake pata for 10 minutes to dry or air dry for
4. Deep fry pata in hot oil for 8 minutes or until golden. Drain in paper towels.
5. Simmer broth and serve as sauce to crispy pata.